[Newbies] What's wrong with this statement?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Aug 1 00:17:50 UTC 2008

>>>>> "johnps11" == johnps11  <johnps11 at bigpond.com> writes:

johnps11> I'm not clever enough to understand PRNGs, so I'll leave it others
johnps11> to work out what the answer is, although I suspect that for more
johnps11> than 56 bits you need a PRNG that uses LargeIntegers and not Floats.

Yes.  There are only 56 bits in an IEEE Float.  You can't get any more
random bits from that.