[Newbies] true/false defined where?

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Tue Aug 5 13:09:01 UTC 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Sean Allen wrote:
>> where do true and false spring into existence?
>
> They have been around longer than some people on this mailing list ;-)
>
>> i've been poking around and cant figure it out.
>

> true and false and some of the very few objects known to the VM and
> they where instantiated when the parent of all current images was
> created.
> All images are basically cloned and not re-created from source, and
> that's why you don't see any initialization code for them, they just
> "are".
>
> Hope this doesn't add to any confusion...

How is this for a confusing answer... it both does and doesnt.

I have a feeling the secret to unraveling that confusion comes from
this:

'true and false and some of the very few objects known to the VM'

does that mean that I can't go and find these variables anywhere? that
they arent true
global variables they are some sort of special global?