[Newbies] a simple Morph

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 14:48:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 03:13:40PM +0200, Stephan Janosch wrote:
> But there is nothing like: here is a collection, now show me all
> elements of that collection inside a morph (as a list).

This works for me:

myArray explore
myArray inspect

> My goal should be a Morph, which shows me simply the contens of a list.
> The Morph should update itself, when i manipulate the list. Classic MVC
> for me. Am I right?

well, if you want auto-updating, you will need one of two things:

- somebody that polls the collection, or
- a collection that sends out events when it changes

The first is what the Inspector tool does

The second is what Etoys and Tweak do. Etoys does not have a
generic event-sending collection, but Tweak does: CCollection

A few things in squeak actually do send out notifications on
change, like the Class heiarchy, but not in a very generic way.
See SystemChangeNotifier and references to it