[Newbies] How do I run Chess?

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 00:30:51 UTC 2008

Try this:
1. Left click on the Squeak Desktop.  You should get the "World" menu
2. Select "open...", then "SqueakMap Package Loader."  It may ask you if you
want to update the cache from the network or something like that.  Say yes
if it does...
3. Find "Chess" in the list of packages.  Right click, and choose "install."
4. Open a workspace by getting the World menu again (step 1) and selecting
"open..." again, and then "workspace"
5.  Type ChessMorph new openInWorld.
6.  With the cursor on the line you typed, Ctrl-D in Windows, I think Alt-D
on a Mac.  Or, highlight the line, right click, and select "do it (d)
7.  A chess board should open.  You're on your own; I have never played!

Hope this helps,

Rob