[Newbies] Why is the UI so blurry on Linux?

Felix Dorner felix_do at web.de
Fri Aug 15 11:22:05 UTC 2008

I posted a screenshot here:
http://image-fast.com/image/75d95183/linux.png

The shot was taken of Squeak3.10-7159-basic.image running on
Squeak3.10beta of 22 July 2007 [latest update: #7159]

I guess a lot of people would say it looks okay, but I'd like it to look better/cleaner.

Its actually cool that the help bubble shows up too, so you can compare the font quality. It looks like the Icons are simply scaled down versions of actual window instances. But also the Labels look
like scaled-down graphics. I currently don't have a Windows Squeak installed, maybe someone could post a screenshot of the Windows equivalent, so that we could compare?

Thanks,
Felix