[Newbies] Why is the UI so blurry on Linux?

Michael Davies mykdavies at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 16:14:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 4:15 PM, David Mitchell
<david.mitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> You can install new fonts or pick a
> different font for the flap icons (e.g., you could use the balloon
> help font everywhere).

That's what I ended up doing. I've tried all the font solutions, and
in the end found that what works best for me as a developer is to use
Accujen virtually everywhere - it comes as standard, it's sans serif
so it suits screens, and it's a bitmapped font so it's very sharp. The
letter forms change at different sizes and it doesn't have true
italics, just slanted letters, so no doubt it makes typographers cry,
but I find I can happily work with font sizes at 10pt for navigation
and 12pt for code without getting eyestrain.

Cheers,
Michael