[Newbies] Howto find all subclass responsibilities for a given Class

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sun Aug 17 04:52:16 UTC 2008

> I am playing around with Morphs to create a Board for the ancient Go
> game. Given that I'd like to create a completely new kind of Morph
> (i.e. a Class that extends Morph), I'd like to find out which methods
> in the Morph class are defined as subclass responsibilities. Is there
> any fast way to do such a kind of search?

  You can happily evaluate the following:

  Morph new openInHand

and the instance of Morph is fully operational in the system.  This
means that you don't have to treat it as an
abstract class; it is a concrete class from which you can make your
own subclasses.

  For a search, you can do:

(SystemNavigation default allCallsOn: #subclassResponsibility)
	select: [:ref | ref classSymbol = #Morph]

and you don't get any, I believe.

-- Yoshiki