[Newbies] Impact of Squeak installation on OS-X

Stephen Ng stephen.ng at planetnutek.com
Tue Aug 19 07:47:08 UTC 2008

Hi!

I may be a bit picky with my query.

I installed Squeak, Squeakland etc and had a play with them. They are
interesting and they need further study on my part.

I have one little nitpick! I noticed just recently, that the
installation has made a small change to my OS-X Leopard which is
annoying. With some of the ICC profile folders stored under the /
Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/ICCProfiles/... directory,
similarly with Canon profiles, the icons have changed and I cannot
open them with a double click because they are now have Squeak as the
default application. How do I correct this? There should not be any
default application in the first place (I think). Or if there is a
default app then it really should be something else (I don't know what
though) just not Squeak.

I think an application should really be as unobtrusive as possible.

Any suggestions on how to fix this will be appreciated.

Regards.

Stephen Ng