[Newbies] lost 1 objects

Stephan Janosch st.janosch at gmx.de
Tue Aug 19 17:44:50 UTC 2008

Hi there!

I know, that i lost 1 object. How can i get rid of it?

I have a class called "Thing". During development (i do metaprogramming,
which work like a charm) i made some mistakes, i guess. Now i wanted to
use the nice method "allInstances".

This method shows me the following.

Thing allInstances
	an Array(a Thing)

So i inspected the "a Thing" and found only 4 Objects pointing an the object

an Inspector
an ObjectExplorerWrapper
an ObjectExplorerWrapper
an ObjectExplorerWrapper

This is because of my inspectors I guess.

Even if i save and reopen my squeak image, i don't lose this _damn_
object. I have no idea, why this instance won't go away.

Is there alway one instance of a class in Smalltalk?

Squeak VM: Squeak3.10.2-7179-win32.zip
Image: SqueakByExample-1.3.image

Sorry fo asking this wired stuff.
Stephan