[Newbies] Re: How do experienced squeakers design applications

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Wed Aug 20 22:14:21 UTC 2008

Hi!

My 2 cents:

I have worked in Smalltalk and OO for approx 15 years. I started out
using some advanced modelling tools - but quite quickly I ended up using
mainly object modelling.

And no, UML is not something I like much - I think it tends to make
people do "entity modelling" instead of focusing on objects (the
*instances* - not the classes).

Today I only use object models (on paper or whiteboard) when
communicating with someone else in a project. When developing on my own
it is all a mental image in my head - combined with using debugger,
explorers, inspectors, unit tests etc etc.

regards, Göran