[Newbies] Monticello storage model

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Aug 25 08:04:02 UTC 2008

Am 25.08.2008 um 09:50 schrieb Anders Janmyr:

> Matthew,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
> Does anyone actually have performance  problems with large
> Monticello-projects?

Depends.

In daily application development I find it to not be a problem, even
if it takes a few seconds to load or save a single large package.

Where it becomes an issue is if you have multiple packages that you
frequently need to update, which can take many minutes. This happens
if you collaborate in a larger project (ask the Sophie team) or try to
maintain a whole image (ask the 3.9 guys). There are workarounds (like
in Tweak we introduced MC configuration maps that can load server-
generated incremental packages) but they're not well-established.

- Bert -