[Newbies] Common/Best Practices on (Collaborative) Version Control

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Aug 27 14:25:09 UTC 2008

El 8/27/08 7:37 AM, "Matthias Korn" <matthias.korn at uni-siegen.de> escribió:

> As far as I understand, Monticello does all the versioning and packaging
> stuff. But I currently do not see the collaborative part in that
> (without sending mcz-files via eMail). Also, we do not want to publish
> our project (like on SqueakSource) at this point in time. We are looking
> for an internal solution.
You could do in Monticello.
Each time any do a new version, send a mail to all with the attached
OurApp-aaa.nnn.mcz and put this in the local package-cache directory.
Or could use a web folder shared by all and put in this place the
package-cache.
By the way, with Comanche you could have a shared web folder with user name
and pass validation for few people.

It's not SqueakSource and can't use MonticelloBrowser, but you could work
together.

Edgar