[Newbies] Good practice for modeling model tools

Anders Janmyr anders at janmyr.com
Fri Aug 29 07:04:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

I would like some thought on what is a good way to model "model tools"
in Smalltalk.

Clarification
The user should be able to create classes.
The classes contain named variables.
The variables can be described (typed) with data such as type (String,
Date, Company) and multiplicity (1, 2..5, 4..)
I also want to attach behavior to the classes.
I would also want to be able to refactor the classes, preferably with
the existing tools

Example:
Person
  name:String:1
  mother:Person:1
  father:Person:1
  children:Person:0..

Process
  name: ImportPeople
  executeMethod: "code for importing people into my model"

Should I model the users models as Smalltalk objects or should I make
my own parallel hierarchy.
Should the Person above be dynamically created as a smalltalk class:

Person
  name:
  mother:

or should I use