[Newbies] Re: Transcript usage

Zulq Alam me at zulq.net
Thu Dec 4 08:35:01 UTC 2008

This is probably not the best way but has worked for me...

To create a new transcript:

   t := TranscriptStream new.
   t open.

With #open you can create any number of windows on the same transcript
stream. All of these views are kept in the ivar 'dependents'. So you
could do:

   (t dependents at: 1) minimize.
   (t dependents at: 1) restore.
   (t dependents at: 1) maximize.
   t dependents do: [:e | e restore].

Note that there may be other things in the dependents collection such as
any basic inspectors you have open on the object.

The global var 'Transcript', which you probably use in your code, refers
to the instance of TranscriptStream available via the menu
World->open...transcript. So if you want to manipulate the "main"
transcript:

   Transcript dependents: [:e | e restore]

Hope this helps.

Z.