[Newbies] Inspector instances

Claus Kick claus_kick at web.de
Sun Dec 7 18:21:26 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I tried to update my Squeak image a bit.

Since I wanted an uninterrupted update, I changed
ReleaseBuilderFor3dot10>>loadTogether:merge: a bit, as not to throw a
walkback window saying "The changes should be reviewed".

Unfortunately, I forgot to comment out opening the inspector as well.
Then I started the update and had dinner. I think one or two warnings
kept creeping up (replacing changed classes - where can you get rid of
that message btw?)

So, now I have an updated 3.10 Image and a million (at least it feels as
if) Inspectors open.

Now, in other Smalltalks you do just that

Inspector allInstances do:[:win | win close]

or

Inspector allInstances do:[:in | in mainWindow close].

I tried getting the SystemWindow of each Inspector instance, but sending
#close to it just yields yet another walkback.

How do you do that in Squeak? I spent the last half hour browsing
through Morph, its Subclasses and ToolSet (trying to understand what
acutally happens if you inspect an Object).

Please help a poor updater :D