[Newbies] Squeak Guilt

Ryan Zerby tahognome at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:38:36 UTC 2008

I'm in a position where I want to learn Squeak/Smalltalk because it's
cool, but I find myself thinking that I should spend my time working
on something that might actually advance my career.  I used to be a
Java Programmer, but am now a Build Engineer, so  I don't directly
program anymore.  I feel that I should be keeping my Java skills up...
but that just isn't as spiffy

Anyone else in this boat? Is there a Squeak Support Group? A 12 step
program?  Anyone have a good rationale why I can go ahead and spend my
time on Squeak without feeling guilty? :) :)