[Newbies] Squeak Guilt

Ryan Zerby tahognome at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 15:06:18 UTC 2008

You've hit on a lot of my exact reasons.  When I make an application,
it would be nice to be able to show it to my friends, and there is
zero chance that they will actually install squeak.  I can get away
with this for some things by using the webbased squeak app... but not
for desktop things. I like writing casual games and the AI applicable
to them.

I could live with Squeak being an island if I were able to use it for
my day-to-day internet use. From what I've seen, squeak doesn't even
have a usable webbrowser... I  can't read the newbies list from inside
squeak, nor can I search the web for documentation and such.

So, I can't really run outside of squeak, and I can't really run
inside of squeak, but have this weird hybrid.