[Newbies] Polymorph (formerly UIEnhancements) [was: Squeak Guilt]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Dec 17 10:45:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:43:41 +0100, Claus Kick wrote:

> Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

>>> I think that is mainly a problem of Squeak though, not Smalltalk in
>>> general. I fully agree though, the UI system of Squeak is just not
>>> good.
>>   Does it just look not good to you (have you checked
>> UI-Enhancements/Polymorph) or what part of it do you mean?
>
> No, I have yet to check Polymorph. I must be blind, but I dont see it on
> SqueakMap - where is it?

Polymorph (formerly UIEnhancements) is mentioned here,

-
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2008-December/133171.html

> Other than the looks, I do not like the "feeling", the speed, the
> absence of native widgets (why do everything yourself? you have an OS to
> participate from!)

I'd appreciate your feedback on polymorph (feeling, widgets, "native",
themes).

/Klaus

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein