[Newbies] Method Finder puzzles

tjohnson at iwu.edu tjohnson at iwu.edu
Sat Dec 20 03:31:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

Could be a pointless question, but maybe an answer would teach me something about
syntax.

I found some things that I can type into Method Finder which show up as results, but have no
senders and no implementors.  These things are ~, ^, #, %, (, <>, and ** .  I understand why
the single-character entries could be exceptional, but the <> and ** puzzle me.

Why is this?  I can type in >>>, ***, &%, or ^^ and not get them back as a result.

) is in a league of its own -- it shows up as a result, and when you click on it, you get a
subscript out of bounds error.

Maybe this is all just Method Finder magic and I should slowly step away.

Thanks,
TimJ