[Newbies] Squeak for the Asus eee

alanomaly alanomaly at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:57:17 UTC 2008

Could you make these instructions more beginner friendly please?

I don't know what "executing" an "image" means - all I know is, opening the
.sh file brings up a couple of blocks of coding in a text file. Looks like
this:-

#!/bin/sh
APP=`dirname $0`
EXE="$APP/Contents/Linux686"
RES="$APP/Contents/Resources"

exec "$EXE/squeak" -plugins "$EXE" \
	-encoding latin1 \
	-vm-display-X11 -swapbtn  \
	"$RES/seaside.image"

Is this the "image"?

If so what do I do with it?

Not a linux expert, just someone used to Windows who niavely believed the
eee would be easy...

Thanks!