[Newbies] How do you start to understand a new Squeak 'program'?

Oscar Nierstrasz oscar.nierstrasz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:28:43 UTC 2008

Hi Andy,

One useful trick is to put a "self halt." somewhere in the code you
want to analyze.  Then when you run the code the debugger will stop at
that point, and you can start stepping through the code.  Of course
the debugger provides access to real objects, so you can inspect
anything, evaluate expressions within the debugger, and modify code on
the fly.

Hope that helps.

Oscar