[Newbies] How to empty a collection?

Brian Murphy-Dye brian at murphydye.com
Tue Feb 19 02:28:49 UTC 2008

My understanding as well is that this is the purpose of #become:, but
also that it is not very efficient in some versions of Smalltalk. If
you are using an OrderedCollection, this is probably a reasonably
efficient method as it doesn't need to search through the whole list
every time it removes an element:

removeAll
   [self notEmpty] whileTrue: [self removeLast]

Brian.