Looking back... (was Re: [Newbies] How to empty a collection?)

johnps11 at bigpond.com johnps11 at bigpond.com
Tue Feb 19 19:47:50 UTC 2008

Hi Goran!

I just want to point out that the long links in your mail were broken for
me (although a little cut and paste fixed that). Perhaps a service like
tinyURL would be useful when sending long links from the dark and distant
past.

I have noticed in this thread an undertone of "#become is the Devil's
playground"

Could someone succinctly explain to someone who is a coarse and styless
programmer like myself why this is so, and when its use is justified?

Thanks,

John (keeping the newb in newbie for many years now)

> Hi all!
>
> Ok, since this was discussed AT PAINFULLY GREAT LENGTH back in aug/sept
> 2002 I just wanted to give you some reading on the subject at hand.
> Don't *ever* presume the issue you are bringing attention to hasn't been
> argued to death already :) :)
>
> Threads of discussions related to this from 2002:
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2002-August/04315
> 7.html
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2002-September/04
> 3926.html