[Newbies] How to empty a collection?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Feb 19 21:03:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

This method is mine :) Ok, with a little IRC help from Radoslav Hodnicak.

Why #become: ? As Marcin already suggested is a problem how to nil all
existing elements in a collection, so to be garbage collected. This is
specially problematic when collection has many elements and just doing
an usual remove is too slow. In that case #become: is much faster, even
that this method is slow on some dialects. Also, collection identity is
preserved. But main point is that all elements are for sure GCed!

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek