[Newbies] The bouncing sound

polishookm polishookm at mail.montclair.edu
Sun Feb 24 20:07:39 UTC 2008

Hi Scott,

Just to simplify the question of my last email - and this is really a
generic question that maybe anyone on the list can answer -

> Finally, one last time, if you want a modern, up-to-date, documented,
> *supported* etoys experience, you'd be well advised to use the
> olpc/etoys squeak image (or the forthcoming Squeakland release derived
> from that).
Where exactly is the dev version?

Thanks very much in advance,

Mark

> These are *not* dumbed-down Squeaks; the "dev" versions are
> full-scale, industrial-strength Squeak systems, encompassing all of
> 3.8, plus Connectors, and incorporating countless enhancements and
> fixes.  And a responsible and responsive development team.  And,
> blessedly, an update stream.
>
> There are two mailing lists devoted to uses of Squeak in education --
> see:

> Cheers,
>
>   -- Scott

Mark Polishook, D.M.A.
Technology Coordinator
Morehead Hall, Rm 132
Center for Academic Advising and Adult Learning
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ 07043

(973)-655-7114
http://www.montclair.edu/AcademicAdvising/html