[Newbies] GemStone/S 6.1.5 on Debian running problem

Mark Ross Mark.Ross at web.de
Tue Jan 1 15:46:58 UTC 2008

Hi Janko!

> In the meantime I also got the instructions how to subscribe to main
> Gemstone mailing list, which is recommended for more general GS
> problems, like yours:
> 	http://earth.lyris.net/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=gemstone-smalltalk
> Here you won't need to wait I suppose :)

Thank you very much for your help, I had a look into the GemStone/S bug
note DB - and you had been right - it was the unsupported CPU (Bug
Note:34117) - now I´m running GemStone/S on Athlon 64/X2 with SSD2

I tried out on P3 866, Celeron 833 and AMD Athlon 1700+ - they all have
no SSD2 support.

So now I have to swap my server with a new CPU - and then all will be
fine ..

I´m so happy :)

Kind regards