[Newbies] MonticelloBrowser question

Ch Lamprecht ch.l.ngre at online.de
Thu Jan 10 12:12:20 UTC 2008

Hello,

could anybody help me to understand, how to use MonticelloBrowser?
(Working with 3.9 #7067) I read SBE and it says:

" The right-hand pane lists all of the source-code repositories that Monticello
knows about, usually because it has loaded code from them. If you
select a package in the left pane, the right pane is filtered to show only
those repositories that contain versions of the selected package."

However, I don't see that happen. If I select e.g. OmniBrowser in the left pane,
the list in the right pane is reduced to a local path on my filesystem (the
package-cache). But if I deselect all in the left pane to see all the
repositories in the right pane, then select 'http://source.wiresong.ca/ob' and
open the repository I get a browser containing lots of newer version of
OmniBrowser (and other packages).

Now these repository browsers always take some time to load and I have to check
different repositories by hand to find the latest version.

What is the right way to search (and update) to the latest release of a package?

Thanks for your help,

Christoph