[Newbies] Overriding methods

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Sun Jan 20 09:45:41 UTC 2008

Hey, all:

	I figure this is a beginner question.

	I get a big warning when I override certain methods. (Class methods?)

	For example, if I want to set up the "contractless" part of my object, I
do so by overriding #basicNew, and then setting the values that allow the
instance of the object to function. This seems perfectly normal and
reasonable, but I get this big warning about how terrible it might be.

	I not even 100% clear on how it could be so terrible beyond that
particular class. (I guess it's possible in this way to create an object
that destabilizes the system?)

	Am I doing this wrong/non-optimally? (Maybe I should be overriding #new
instead of #basicNew, but I get the same dire warning for #new).

	===Blake===

P.S. Seeing if this goes through; last message I sent warned me that I
wasn't on the mailing list.