[Newbies] Re: Programatically keep image up to date

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:35:28 UTC 2008

"Bert Freudenberg" <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote

> Why do you feel the need to switch images often? I usually only use  one
> image ... which naturally keeps all the customizations :)

Not often, but when I do it is quite a pain. e.g. I want to try out
different packages over some extended time, so I have to save intermediate
images. Or I want to try to remove Traits from a 3.9 image so I can try out
ContextS without losing 3.9 (is there a 3.9 without traits). Or, I want to
upgrade 3.9 to 3.10.

Of course I may not be doing any of these the way that ThoseInTheKnow do
them :-)

Thanks - Sophie