[Newbies] 40K limit for posts on beginners

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Jan 28 18:20:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

as mailman-owner doesn't work I send this to the list.

Squeak beginners list has a 40k limit for posts, while Squeak dev has
a 100k limit. I don't believe that beginners topics can be discussed
twice as terse as the topics in dev :-))

So, if there is no technical reason, I propose to also set the limit
to 100k.

Secondly: If a posting is too big the list generates an "awaits
approval" reply which says the poster will be notified on disapproval
or the message will be sent to the list.

When after a day I went to the cancel link I was told the posting had
been dealt with by the admin but neither found it on the list nor got
a notification of the moderators decision.

This is hopefully easy to repair especially beginners might get
confused.

Anyway, big thanks for keeping the service running!!

Cheers

Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net