[Newbies] mp3 support in 3.10

smith02243 add_aaron_2_x at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:54:33 UTC 2008

When I had installed 3.9 on my Linux box, I saw the MPEGPlayerMorph. However,
sound did not work on 3.9 in ubuntu. So, with the help of the fedora image,
I installed 3.10. Everything worked beautifully, except that the
MPEGPlayerMorph was no longer there. I understand it's been culled from the
image.

How can I install the MPEGPlayerMorph, or more specifically the
StreamingMP3Sound class? StreamingMP3Sound is in the Sound-Synthesis
category, and therefore the Sound package, apparently. Yet, in Monticello
the Sound package, on souce.squeakfoundation.org/310, doesn't contain that
class. Moreover, I can't find it the Package Universe Browser, even with I
install "universes" from the SqueakMap Package Loader, which one site
recommended

I am completely lost. All I want to do is play mp3 files.

Regards,