[Newbies] mp3 support in 3.10

smith02243 add_aaron_2_x at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:14:44 UTC 2008

Thank you. I installed the .pr file and it worked fine, though when I
installed it complained about a missing primitive, but that didn't seem to
bother it too much.

When I tried to install the tests and IRC client on that page, however, I
came across a "UndefinedObject-Kernel Objects PR" error. I put the URL of
the Ladrillos server page in Monticello, though, and it worked fine. I
gained the classes for the IRC client. I assume one has to construct the
application oneself, as no object comes with it, from what I can tell.

It seems a little odd that to installing previously included packages one
has to search the wiki for the functionality you need, chose the
"SqueakLightII Unofficial 3.11", work out the server location for all the
culled packages, enter that into Monticello, and then install it. Shouldn't
there be an easier way? This is hardly user friendly.

I have read Squeak by Example, and am half way through another book on
smalltalk, and I will start to use the wiki from now on. It's just a little
sad I have to go through this labyrinth to find what I'm looking for.