[Newbies] Application data management
K. K. Subramaniam
subbukk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:46:18 UTC 2008
On Thursday 10 Jul 2008 2:21:18 pm cdrick wrote:
> > How can I get the current user home?
> home directory ? FileDirectory default
There are multiple directory paths involved in Squeak;
1. Path where VM binary is located:
SmalltalkImage current vmPath "directory containing VM executable"
2. Path containing image file
SmalltalkImage current imagePath "directory containing image"
SmalltalkImage current imageName "full path of image file"
If you are running projects within a browser, the imageName is
3. Current working directory ("home" directory) is $SQUEAK_USERDIR.
If $SQUEAK_USERDIR is not set, this defaults to "My Squeak/" sub-directory
of the image directory. But if
is false, then it is set to the image path, a trusted directory.
4. Security keys are generated in the directory $SQUEAK_SECUREDIR or
in "secure/" sub-directory under the image directory.
5. Lastly, loaded Projects are cached in "Squeaklets/" sub-directory in
current working directory (even if the project files come from a local
Hope this helps,
More information about the Beginners