[Newbies] Re: Suspected bug when setting preferences

nice ncellier at ifrance.com
Fri Jul 18 20:16:14 UTC 2008

stan shepherd wrote:

> nicolas cellier wrote:
>>

>> Yes indeed, 168 clones of PBBooleanPreferenceView...
>> We now have to figure out who created these clones, for what purpose,
>> before deciding if it is a bug, but it looks like a bug indeed...
>>
>> Nicolas
>>

> It happens in
> Preferences>>savePersonalPreferences
> 	"Save the current list of Preference settings as the user's personal
> choices"
>
> 	self  setParameter:#PersonalDictionaryOfPreferences
> 		 to:self dictionaryOfPreferences deepCopy
>
> I think during the deepCopy.
>
> ...Stan

Using veryDeepCopy instead of deepCopy would avoid cloning classes
(as the name does not help to guess).

Well, this would deserve some guru advice, I don't much like all these
copy messages... But veryDeepCopy seems much better than deepCopy. The
later is not immune to infinite loops in case of circular references...

Nicolas