[Newbies] Invoking MIDIInputParser

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Jul 27 09:32:47 UTC 2008

El 7/27/08 4:58 AM, "George Kopeczky" <mrdelurk at yahoo.com> escribió:

> I'm a Squeak newbie with nearly zero programming experience, brought here by a
> search after a tool that will let me capture, view as hex (and hopefully,
> save) a rare type of MIDI message (Active Sensing) which is unrecorded by
> every MIDI sequencing application I tried.
>
> The MIDIInputParser object seems to be the ticket, but how do I invoke it?
> Whether I choose "Object Catalog" from the menu, or just click the Objects tab
> in Squeak's playfield, there is no trace of MIDIInputParser (or its
> Sound-Score Category) between the resources offered. I looked at the Squeak
> tutorials list, I haven't seen a MIDI-related one. I could use a little
> orientation on how to proceed... thank you in advance
>
> George

Write MIDIInputParser  in a Workspace.
Select it with double-click, then do Command - B and you open the Class
Browser in this class.
On second panel (the class one) , raise the menu and select class refs .
You must have a window saying the only user of MIDIInputParser is MIDISynth
initialize.
On the class side you have a example.
>From here , you should continue the Squeak world exploring.
I said is a rewarding Journey