[Newbies] Re: Proper object removal

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jun 5 13:44:36 UTC 2008

Rob Rothwell wrote:

> Nonetheless, thanks to all your help, I understand things better now,
> and can properly remove objects I currently "have control over."
> Because I was able to test things based on all your feedback, I have
> narrowed my problem down to an Aida misunderstanding on my part.
>
> For any Aida-ers out there, playing with a WebGrid, it's bound objects,
> and garbage collection should lead one to a greater understanding of
> WebSession(s) and WebSessionManager(s)!  I'm not saying I've figured it
> out yet--just that I can get reproducible results now!

Yes, WebGrid (kind of smart web table) caches presented objects in
session presentation state (instances of your Apps, that is subclasses
of WebApplication) until you clean up that state. Because Aida web apps
don't have a session timeout by default, this cleanup is done
explicitly, usually every night.

But let we move this discussion back to Aida mailing list. Others can
follow or join it here: http://www.aidaweb.si/community.html

Best regards
Janko

--