[Newbies] Explorer and MessageTally

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jun 5 14:12:40 UTC 2008

>>>>> "peter" == peter h meadows <phm at sdf.lonestar.org> writes:

peter>  "I look like a standard methods browser with methods in the upper pane, code
peter> in the lower. As you browse senders and implementors, the upper pane is built
peter> into a "stack" rather than opening new method browsers, reducing window
peter> profileration. Implementors are indented below the currently selected method,
peter> senders are outdented above. You end up with a flow of the execution of
peter> methods across multiple classes all in one place.  The stack is quickly
peter> customized by easy-removal of unwanted methods. First, the upper pane is
peter> multi-select, and can handle rapid, sweeping gestures of the mouse without
peter> dropping selections (shift+clicking is also supported). Once methods are
peter> selected, you can quickly remove them (just from the browser) with otherwise
peter> unused Command+f."

Unless I'm missing something, I quickly stopped using it because it
didn't let me *choose* which method to follow in either the senders
or implementors like a standard browser does.  I often look at a method,
see a few methods I don't totally get, and ask for *senders* of them
not implementors.  So it's the wrong direction for me.