[Newbies] Can "Method source with it" be sped up?

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 23 00:01:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

I find "Method source with it" a last, but often used method when looking
where a string is used, when forgetting how something is implemented but
remembering some key string etc - sort of a brute force "google on source",
very useful.

It is, however exteremely slow. "grep" a file of a size of the image source
takes virtually no time, unlike "Method source with it".

I  wonder if anyone looked at a way to  speed up  "Method source with it", or
is it a hard thing to do? (Also restricting the searched source to a category
would help)

Thanks Milan