[Newbies] Headless Squeak on Redhat - HELP!

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 4 12:02:12 UTC 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 10:05 , Michael Berg wrote:

> -2128169408 Object>inform:
> -2128170148 >openSources:andChanges:forImage:
> -2128170284 SmalltalkImage>openSourceFiles

Can't help with the seg fault, but in any case your image tries to
open the sources file and fails.

You should disable the warnIfNoChangesFile and warnIfNoSourcesFile in
production images.

This might very well be the case for Albegadeep, too.

Something that might help diagnosing (not in this case, but for Unix
deployments in general) is to log errors to stderr. I added this to
the OLPC version recently:

http://tinlizzie.org/updates/etoys/updates/1906stdStreams-bf.cs
(ignore the gettext stuff in here)
http://tinlizzie.org/updates/etoys/updates/1907crlfFix-bf.cs