[Newbies] Re: Parse an argument for a symbol that requires one

Marcus Strehlow marcus.strehlow at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:40:01 UTC 2008

Hi Jerome,

With the help of Jeroen earlier on, I have been able to complete this
task. His approach is very similar to yours though.

The short version is, that I am trying to create my own Unix operating
system, which comes with a user interface that is entirely written in
Squeak, and therefore Smalltalk. This particular question was aimed at
an obstacle I was facing while creating methods and operations for a
Pulldown menu that I wrote for my UI. When a menu entry is clicked, an
variable needs to be changed into a new value, which is why that one
method requires an argument you see.

Here is a screenshot which shows you the Open File window, for which
this question originally was.
http://www.se51.net/img/cosmos/csmsOpenFileWithPulldown_Big.jpg

More screens of the project
http://www.se51.net/index.php?page=cosmos-currentshots

And what it is.
http://www.se51.net/index.php?page=cosmos-about

Thanks again,
Marcus

--
iMac -- 20 inch -- Core 2, 2 GHz -- 1 GB RAM -- Superdrive -- Mac OS X
Leopard 10.5.2

On 4 Mar 2008, at 09:05, beginners-request at lists.squeakfoundation.org