[Newbies] RectangleMorph vs. BlobMorph

polishookm polishookm at mail.montclair.edu
Mon Mar 10 04:33:26 UTC 2008

Thanks Mathew,

As soon as I asked the question, I googled etoys image and found the
link and followed the instructions.

This now works on my MacBook .... although 120 seems to be about the
limit, maybe a few more ...

120 timesRepeat: [

    b := BlobMorph new.
    b position: ((500 atRandom) @ (500 atRandom)).
    b openInWorld.
]

And

BlobMorph allInstancesDo: [ :b | b delete ]

works too. Although it seems like the image is almost at the point of
thinking about maybe starting to freeze ....

My next question: To the best of my knowledge, there's no real
comparative information on the web to suggest one version over another.
Can you give some guidance on this or point to a link wherever it might be?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

P.s. Scott Wallace did suggest the etoys image a week or so ago on
squeak-dev. That advice is now making a lot of sense. So thanks, too,
Scott :)

--
Mark Polishook, D.M.A.
Technology Coordinator