[Newbies] Studying Artificial Intelligence

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Mar 14 08:05:41 UTC 2008

Hello Thiago,

TS> I was wondering if there is any squeak project/tool targeted at AI
TS> students, anything that could help illustrate/express basic concepts
TS> on knowledge representation, expert systems, etc. I have been looking

I have found nothing about AI, closest to your goals are neural
networks.

There is a Squeak binding to the FANN library (fast artificial neural
network) on Sourceforge.

Luciano Notarfrancesco has done some work (Google for
NeuralNetworks.cs.gz and the name). This imho was done for self study
so may be the closest to your needs.

I have implemented a kind of self organizing feature map which I use
in a commercial app for quality testing. I'm free to distribute this
but it's not aimed at studying.

I'm interested in what you'll decide, so if you don't mind, keep me
posted.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net