[Newbies] Studying Artificial Intelligence

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:22:15 UTC 2008

Hi

>  I was wondering if there is any squeak project/tool targeted at AI
>  students, anything that could help illustrate/express basic concepts
>  on knowledge representation, expert systems, etc.

Not really at the moment as far as I know...

They were an expert system callad Neopus but it was on vw 2.5. I think
it never has been ported to squeak and If I remember well the author
is ok (http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~fdp/NeOpus.html)

Also, in the same period there were backtalk, a CSP. Backtalk has been
used in squeak recently in 2006, there is a squeaksource projet but
alll is not usable
(http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/announcements/2006-May/000033.html)...

Maybe SOUL (Smalltalk Open Unification Language) can help too. It has
also been ported to squeak but just don't know how to use it... It's
about Declarative Meta Programming. Project is here :
http://www.squeaksource.com/SqueakSoul.html. A self explaining site
(http://prog.vub.ac.be/DMP/index.html). I don't think it's IA as you
expect, but propbably interesting to have a look at.

Cheers,

Cédrick

ps: hopefully, I'll port NARS to squeak this summer ;-)
(http://nars.wang.googlepages.com/)