[Newbies] Seaside vs. AIDA

Leon Smith lsmith at leonsmith.com
Thu Mar 20 18:14:40 UTC 2008

I don't want to start a war here, but I have been through the first steps
with both Seaside and AIDA/Web, enough to build the start of a web site.
Before I make the commitment to one or the other, I wonder if anyone has
done a recent, objective comparison between the two ?

They both seem very capable. I felt like I turned out a better looking
product a little easier with AIDA, but I sense that Seaside has a much
larger following. I also wonder if continuations are that important to me.
They also have a great many similarities. To the point where I think I could
change AIDA to use a lot of Seaside if not the other way around.

Any real experiences between the two will be most appreciated. This is a
major decision point for me.

Leon