[Newbies] Installation Scripts

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 22:38:55 UTC 2008

Can someone give me a "primer" on writing installation scripts?  I have
trying to proactively prepare for disaster recovery, and am now able to do
something like:
packageCache:='C:\Documents and Settings\robr\My
Documents\proj\squeak\development packages\'.
Installer installFile: packageCache,'ODBC-rjriv.1.cs'.

Which, of course, assumes that my packages are in a directory I can get to
from my machine.

However, I know other options are available to me, such as grabbing packages
directly from the network and automating answers to any Requests.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Rob