[Newbies] Re: Nothing's working

Lee Nixon psycloneranger at gmail.com
Sun May 11 06:18:38 UTC 2008

  Took a look at that guy's music program and it looks like he's got
the digital audio thing down in spades.  That's one thing I haven't
gotten into much myself.  I'm more inclined to use physical
instruments rather than manipulate bits and bytes, but what the
heck--creativity is creativity and artistry is artistry no matter what
kind of tools you're using. DaVinci could have figured it out using
color crayons.
  So right now I'm trying Lime (notation editor) and it's looking
pretty good--just need to wrangle up $65 somewhere so I can get past
the free trial run.  But I'm still thinking about cooking up something
else on my own, and when I do I'll be sure to give Squeak another try.
  Does anyone here see a need for a little more standardization in the
computer world?  A friend of mine thinks that standardization would
stifle ingenuity and creativity and so on.  I'm more inclined to think
those things are more than capable of taking care of themselves.  Like
look how two young guys with no formal musical training blew the crap
out of the concrete standardized modules that the recording industry
was promoting  forty-five years ago. John Lennon and Paul McCartney,
in case you're wondering who I'm talking about.
  But anyway--it's late--had too much coffee--starting to blabble,  If
anyone here feels like reading more of my blabble they can find me at
psycloneranger at gmail.com.