[Newbies] Does create class prompt on save actually record to the changes file?

Tim M 365nice at gmail.com
Tue May 13 23:39:24 UTC 2008

When I save a method that references a new class, it prompts me if I want
to create the class when I save

e.g.

initialize

  super initialize.

  self menuComponent: StMenuComponent new

If I let Squeak create the STMenuComponent class, i don't think it gets added
to the change log - as when I crashed my image several minutes later and
tried to follow the recovery instructions (http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/courses/spring01/cs683/notes/crash/crash.html)
I wasn't able to recover source in that class as it didn't get created in
the listed changes (although the subsequent methods I added to it were offered
as changes to load). I think its possibly that the helpful prompt to create
a class didn't put it in the change log? does this sound correct and is it
a bug?

This was in the Seaside one-click install image.