[Newbies] Reading and writing C structs

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat May 24 15:26:56 UTC 2008

>>>>> "David" == David T Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> writes:

David> In addition to the Simon Lewis book that you mentioned, I have found
David> "Smalltalk Best Practice Patterns" by Kent Beck to be something you
David> will want to read sooner rather than later. It's really worthwhile
David> and admirably brief (notwithstanding the title, there is none of the
David> nonsense that has been published as "patterns" elsewhere).

I'll second, third, and fourth this.  Heck, reading that book improved my
*Perl* OO code.  I even wrote an entire half-day Perl course based on the
patterns in Beck's book.