[Newbies] Remove old instances of a Class

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Sat May 24 18:57:08 UTC 2008

How can I remove old instances of class that have been created while playing
around in a Workspace?

I am developing some code that needs to go through and deal with
allInstances of itself, and I just seem to have old versions hanging around
that don't seem to be getting garbageCollected.  Furthermore, I am expecting
certain types of objects in some of their instance variables, and as I have
changed my code, these objects have changed--but not in these "obsolete"
objects, so I have had to manually go into those instances and "fix them up"
so that my allInstancesDo loop would work!

I have tried closing the Workspace, followed by Smalltalk
garbageCollectMost, but to no effect.

Thanks,

Rob