[Newbies] SAR Files + Speech program

Jeffery Billing jeffery.billing at bigpond.com
Mon May 26 06:34:53 UTC 2008

Hello Stef,
As you will see from my next post, I have successfully installed (at
least I think I have) the speech program but I do not seem to be able to
get the sound functions to work in Squeak at the moment (Both speaker
and microphone work fine in Ubuntu so the problem must lie within
Squeak).
I would welcome any information that you have on the Speech program.
I have a young student with very severe speech problems and I want to
develop a program that will give her feedback when she 'approximates' a
desired sound.
My main need is to be able to analyse a sound and then determine whether
or not it fits within certain parameters. It may well be that 'any
sound' will initiate a 'reward' initially but of course I eventually
want the sound to approach the 'correct' sound.
Hope this make sense.
Regards
Jeffery.